We identify, develop and build projects with attractive rates of return for our investors. We have the extensive capability and practical experience in taking concepts and advanced-stage wind farm development projects through to becoming successful operating assets to serve Australia’s future energy needs.
We transform potential development projects into valued assets by carefully managing the diverse risks and challenges related to project development. Our experienced team are focused on creating investment-grade projects and efficiently manage every stage of the process from concept, design and approvals, through to construction, commissioning and operation.
Goldwind brings technical expertise, capital, and institutional experience to the Australian wind farm market; encompassing global technology, local business partners, knowledge of planning system requirements, and a solid community engagement record.
Wind Farm Development
We have expertise and experience in all stages of wind farm development including:
- Wind turbine selection
- Wind turbine layout optimisation
- Project sizing
- Preliminary project design, including access tracks, electrical reticulation layouts, substation location, grid connection works, operations and maintenance buildings and construction facilities such as construction compounds and batching plants
- Developing Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) and Warranty Operations and Maintenance (WOM) contracts
- Wind analysis such as determining annual yield, site conditions, turbine suitability, and marginal loss factors
- Obtaining a Connection Agreement to allow connection to the electricity network
- Consulting with landowners in relation to the development of layouts on the land
- Tendering for the Balance of Plant (BOP), logistics and turbine installation contracts
- Effective environmental management system development to ensure planning compliance and achievement of environmental performance objectives in practical and innovative ways
- Furthering ongoing community consultation by engaging with:
- Stakeholders relevant to development applications
- Near neighbours to the project
- Politicians and regulatory agencies
An additional component of our whole value chain of wind energy solutions is to partner with Australian and international banks to provide long-term finance for wind farm projects.
Stockyard Hill Wind Farm in Victoria set a new benchmark for off-take deals for renewables in Australia. Stockyard Hill Wind Farm is financed through a nine-member domestic and international bank syndicate led by National Australia Bank.